For this week, you will create a work breakdown structure (WBS) for the project you selected during Week 1.
Remember that the WBS starts with your major deliverables (that you stated in your scope management plan) at the highest level. The lower levels have the work package required to complete those deliverables. Review online tutorials or textbook for some suggestions on how to create a WBS. From your work breakdown structure, develop a project task list with dependencies and add durations, using MS Project.
Develop the Work Breakdown Structure
- Your WBS should have a minimum of 100–150 line items in MS Project and be three levels deep.
- Make sure to use verb-object task names (for example, “Develop software”).
- Enter tasks in MS Project.
- Create the predecessor relationships.
- DO NOT LINK SUMMARY TASKS OR ASSIGN RESOURCES!
Deliverables for Week 4:
- The MS Project file (.mpp) saved from the Tracking Gantt chart screen