Please respond to one (1) of the following:
- Deviance: Deviance is relative, because whether a behavior is considered deviant depends on the circumstances surrounding it.
- What behavior have you seen or experienced that could be considered either deviant or acceptable, based on circumstances?
- When would this behavior be considered acceptable?
- When would it be considered deviant?
- Neighborhood and Community Characteristics: The social ecology approach emphasizes the view that certain social and physical characteristics of neighborhoods and communities influence the likelihood of committing deviance and crime.
- Imagine that you are in a position as a community leader. There are several neighborhoods in your community with high poverty rates, low-quality housing, and single-parent households.
- What strategies would you propose to address these conditions that are influencing the rates of deviance and crime?
- How would your strategies help strengthen social bonds among people in the community?
Your response must address the discussion question and you must also comment on at least one other studentâ€™s post.