Banquets differ from ordering from the menu and are popular in restaurants as well as in hotels and special event facilities.
- Discuss the advantages of offering banquet service in a restaurant.
- What are the primary differences between banquet and catered food events?
- Identify and list the cost for labor associated with a small event.
- Describe the steps a manager should take for ensuring a successful banquet event.
A Catered Event
Catering is usually an off-site event that can generate significant revenue for operations that handle it properly. It requires attention to detail and considerable planning.
- Discuss the two primary catering markets and how they differ.
- Determine the steps to take before the event activities begin.
- Discuss the activities cooks and servers need to do differently when preparing for delivering, and cleaning up after a catered event.