Building a Timeline for the History of the Internet
This assignment provides you with an opportunity to build a timeline that illustrates the significant milestones of the Internet. Remember that all history is selective, and no two scholars can agree to the time when the Internet (or e- commerce) actually began or what constitutes a significant milestone. You are encouraged to use your course textbook, reliable sources from the Internet, and the universityâ€™s online library to support the information within your own timeline.
Also, this assignment involves using Microsoft PowerPoint to create a timeline. Feel free to design your own timeline, or click here to access a template.
Be sure to include at least the following as part of your timeline:
- ï‚· Include at least 12 milestones on the timeline.
- ï‚· On separate slides, very briefly summarize each milestoneâ€”what occurred?
- ï‚· Include dates on both the timeline and the summarizing slides.
- ï‚· Include in-text citations on each slide for any outside sources used, and include a references slide at the end of your presentation.
- ï‚· (Optional) Include a few images to visually represent milestones on the timeline.