Write a 3- to 4-page paper that addresses the following questions:
- What is the role of cultural responsive teaching in educational attainment of student?
- What are 3 factors that can impact educational attainment?
- Discuss and describe each factor.
- How does educational attainment affect students in the long term?
- As a current, or future, educational leader what is your role in promoting educational attainment for all students?
Your paper should be 3 â€“ 4 pages.
Respond to all portions of the assignment prompt.
Provide an introductory and concluding paragraph for the paper.
Reference at least 2 â€“ 3 background readings from the module.
Cite all references using APA format.
Provide a reference list in APA format.
Chapter 1: Culturally Responsive Standards-Based Teaching (p. 1 â€“ 22)
Chapter 2: Taking Stock of Current Classroom Practices (p. 23 â€“ 72)
Chapter 3: The Foundation for Culturally Responsive Standards-Based Teaching (p. 73 â€“ 92)
Saifer, S. (2011). Culturally Responsive Standards-Based Teaching : Classroom to Community and Back. Thousand Oaks, Calif: Corwin.
Part II: Grinding up Hope â€“ Explaining the Development and Persistence of Achievement Gaps (p. 77 â€“ 82)
Murphy, J. (2010). The Educator’s Handbook for Understanding and Closing Achievement Gaps. Thousand Oaks, Calif: Corwin.
Chapter 1: Improving Higher Education Attainment of All Students: A National Imperative (p. 1 â€“ 25)
Chapter 2: Understanding the Relationship between Public Policy and Higher Education Performance (p. 26 â€“ 37)
Perna, L. W., & Finney, J. E. (2014). The Attainment Agenda : State Policy Leadership in Higher Education. Baltimore, Md: Johns Hopkins University Press