By FRIDAY, September 27, 2013, using Society: the basics textbook and other library and online sources, write a 5-7 page paper using APA standards for citation of sources that focuses on the following:
Interview two different individuals regarding their positions in society. Analyze their responses regarding:
- Identify each person’s class, race, and gender.
- What role has class, race, and gender played in their lives? How do you see these stratifiers as playing a role, even if the interviewee is unaware of it?
- Apply one of the sociological perspectives (structural-functional, social-conflict, or symbolic-interaction) to the individuals’ lives. Why did you choose this particular perspective? How does it explain each person’s life and life choices?
- What are some the benefits and limitations to using interview as a research methodology?
- Analyze each person’s components of culture (language, symbols, material objects, and behaviors) and relate them to his/her stratified position in society.
|Assignment 1 Grading Criteria||
|Described each person’s class, race, and gender.||
|Evaluated the role of social stratification.||
|Applied a sociological perspective to each subject.||
|Explained the benefits and limitations of the research methodology.||
|Analyzed the components of culture and related them to social stratification.||
|Standard presentation components (20%)
Organization (16 points): Introduction, transitions, and conclusion
Style (8 points): Tone, audience, and word choice
Usage and Mechanics (16 points): Grammar, spelling, and sentence structure
APA Elements (24 points): In text citations and references, paraphrasing, and appropriate use of quotations and other elements of style