Select and examine two (2) court rulings related to church-state interaction in the public school system.
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
- Identify the key issues in the court rulings and how they have shaped public education today.
- Analyze the impact to schools, teachers, students, and the community.
- As a professional in education, explain if you agree or not with the ruling and support your response.
- Provide a citation on a reference page for the court rulings you selected.
- Use at least five (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Develop an understanding of the legal roles and responsibilities of educators and the roles of the federal, state, and local government relative to education.
- Evaluate the legal framework of the organization of public and private education.
- Explore the principles of case law and legislation related to individual rights of teachers and students and school responsibilities.
- Analyze legal aspects provided to students with disabilities to ensure equal educational opportunity and access.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of basic educational and legal terminology as related to schools and education.
- Critique the potential legal liabilities for schools, education personnel, and school districts.
- Recognize and discuss political factors affecting the educational system.
- Interpret the legal basis and policy guidelines relative to effective allocation and use of financial resources to ensure equal educational opportunity and access.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues about education and the law.
- Write clearly and concisely about education and the law using correct grammar and mechanics.