My name is Chermon Johnson. I need help with a research paper. Subject is Biology. The deadline is Sunday….
Because BIOLOGY is an essential element of our everyday lives, we see and hear news reports on a variety of issues that relate to it almost every day. Your assignment is to research and review one article or report on the specified topic or issue related to Biology indicated. Additional information on writing a journal (or newspaper) review or summary can be found in the attachments to these instructions (Journal Review.docx and WRITING A SUMMARY.docx). Your report should be organized as follows (please follow this format in writing your summary):
- Title of the article or report pertaining to the specific topic for the week
- Author of article
- Source of article or report (This includes the name of periodical, newspaper, or other media resource. Include the “URL” for onlineresources. “Wikipedia,” other encyclopedias, and textbooks are not approved sources. The source must be valid, as I will check the source)
- Date of article (this is absolutely required)
- “Your summary” in “your own” 200 words or less and/or what the article is about. Make sure you read the attached files on “Writing a Journal Review” and “Writing Summaries.”
- Write an objective summary of the facts presented in the article; therefore, do not use first or second person in your summary. In this summary, you are to (consider as many important elements related to the issue as you can)
- (tell about something that is complex in a way that makes it clear)
- Since the summary should be “in your own words,” avoid directly quoting material from the article, unless absolutely necessary to characterize what the article is about. Also, be mindful of plagiarism.
I have tried to align assignments and discussion topics with the chapters covered in the textbook. So an ideal place to share personal commentary that you might have on an article that you have read would be the Discussion forums.
The article submitted for the week must be on the specified biology topic or issue listed for the week. The article should come from a source that provides “new” information; therefore, it should not simply define the topic or provide background information that has long been established. See “Biology News Sources” under Important Course Information on the HOME PAGE for some websites that offer current biology news articles. The publication date of the article MUST be CURRENT or within 90 days of the assignment due date. Weekly Assignments/Reports will be evaluated based upon the degree of completion and correctness.
Research assignments should be submitted by 11:59 pm Sunday (the last day of the week in which the assignment is made). You may submit your report up to four (4) days after the due date, but a late penalty will apply. THE PENALTY FOR SUBMITTING LATE REPORTS IS 20% PER DAY.
Microbes and Disease (i.e., microorganisms that are involved in, cause, or lead to disease)