Carmen is a 37-year-old single mother of three children. She has a good job, has strong spiritual values and beliefs, and has three close friends who she gets together with on a regular basis. However, Carmen eats fast food 5 days a week, feels stressed out most of the time, and does not have time to exercise. She cares about the environment but does not take the time to recycle. She would love to go back to school to get her Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree but does not think she has the time.
Review the seven dimensions of wellness listed in the text and discuss the following in your post:
- Which of the dimensions of wellness is Carmen strengthening through her current lifestyle and behaviors?
- Which of the dimensions of wellness does she need to improve? Explain your answers.
- Define three leading causes of death in America and examine how lifestyle habits can increase or decrease a person’s risk of disease.
- Identify three healthy lifestyle recommendations and examine how these lifestyle factors could help Carmen reduce her risk of disease and help her achieve overall wellness.
- Finally, is there a lifestyle factor that does not affect a person’s health and wellness? Try to identify at least one.