Diversionary Programs Presentation
Diversionary programs for juveniles help keep them out of prison and detention facilities. Visit Diversionary Programs: An Overview from the National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) at https://www.ncjrs.gov/html/ojjdp/9909-3/div.html for additional research on diversionary programs for juveniles.
Find a local program (city or county based) and a state-level program to use for your Assignment. You need only discuss two programs.
Create an 8â€“12 slide PowerPointÂ® presentation incorporating speaker notes to include the following:
- Identify three components of the diversionary programs and initiatives within the programs you identified.
- Compare and contrast the state and local programs.
- How well do they contribute to successful reintegration services?
- How well do they contribute to successful and transition services?
- Analyze trends and patterns of these programs as they contribute to reduced recidivism (this may be data driven).
- Relate the trends and patterns to the programs overall validity and effectiveness.
Include an introduction and reference slide.
Cite all references consistent with APA formatting.
Module 1: Developmental Theories
Module 2: Causes