Digestive Dissection of a CAT
1. What is the function of the stomach? What anatomical features are related to this function?
2. Why do we not examine the spleen while studying the digestive system? Explain your answer.
3. What are the 3 regions of the small intestine? Can they be identified easily by study of gross anatomy?
4. What is the purpose of the villi in the small intestine?
5. What large intestine structures are found in humans, but not in cats?
6. What is the purpose of the various membranes that surround the digestive organs?
7. How can you tell the difference between the trachea and the esophagus other than their relative location?
8. What is the function of the cardiac/esophageal sphincter?