In a 4-6 page paper
You are the captain in the police department’s special response unit. Your unit normally handles many special projects for the chief of police, from providing officers for parades and demonstrations to targeting an area in which there is a serious ongoing crime problem. Your chief, who insists on using the community policing and problem solving method (COPPS) to address crime issues, has advised you that there is a street racing and underage drinking problem that has been reported in the Westwood community by the community association.
- The criminal justice process
- The criminal justice network
- The criminal justice as a nonsystem
- A true criminal justice system
Discuss the following:
- Which process do you feel best describes our criminal justice system today?
- Do you agree that the system that you chose is the most advantageous, or would you instead choose one of the other two systems?