Write a two to three (2-3) pages design document in which you:
- Support the need for the use of cloud technology and virtualization within the company.
- Assess expected cost savings in hardware infrastructure.
- Determine the possible reductions of human capital that can be realized from implementing cloud and virtualization technologies.
- Create a diagram through the use of Microsoft Visio or an open source alternative such as Dia to illustrate how cloud and virtualization technology could align with the companyâ€™s business processes and assist with attainment of organizational goals. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length but must be included in the design document appendix.
- Provide a compelling recommendation for solution providers and partners that could help the company secure a firm competitive advantage by using cloud and virtualization technologies.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in MS Visio or Dia as an appendix of the design document. All references to these diagrams must be included in the body of the design document.
Section 2: Revised Project Plan
Use Microsoft Project to:
- Update the project plan (summary and detail) template, from Project Deliverable 3: Database and Data Warehousing Design, with three to five (3-5) new project tasks each consisting of five to ten (5-10) subtasks.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Demonstrate an understanding of existing and emerging information technologies and strategic impact on organizational operations.
- Explain how to develop reasoned responses to the major forces shaping the role of IT in organizations competing in a global economy.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about leadership issues and strategic insight of the Information systems domain using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.