Step 1Analyze a primary media source(Use the movies call ” King Kong”.) of your choice that engages with the theme of monsters of science and/or monsters of nature
The source should be a mainstream popular textâ€”a film, television episode, or video game.
Step 2: Write a paper in which you describe the text you have chosen and argue for how it connects to the longer history we have studied of monsters of science and nature via our Monsters readings.
Step 3: Then, analyze your text as an image of monstrosity, employing one or more of the monster theories weâ€™ve discussed in Monsters: A Bedford Reader.( You can find this book online) No additional outside academic research is required. However, you MUST integrate material from “How Signs Work”, at least two of the scholarly articles we read in Monsters: A Bedford Reader, and your primary Source.
A Successful Essay Will Have
* A title specific to the topic
* An attention getter
* Background on the topic (please make it clear which prompt you are answering)
* End with your thesis
* A clearly stated thesis (your opinion â€“ your 1-2 sentence response to the essay prompt) which speaks to the â€œso whatâ€ of the issue and is not merely a list plan of development.
* Topic sentence that is related to the thesis
* Supporting evidence
* Quotes from the text (Remember to cite the quotes)
* Consideration of and rebuttal against the other side of the topic
* DO NOT bring up a new topic
* A suggestion of the consequences of your position for society, readers, individuals, what you want to happen in the future, or how the author might feel about your position, etc.
Works Cited Page
- That cites all sources using current MLA guidelines.
1000 words, mla format