You are a member of a mid-sized metropolitan police department that has just been incorporated. The new chief of police would like to modernize the agency and get as much “bang for the buck” as she can. But, the chief is also concerned that the department is as effective as it can be. The agency has all of its normal issued equipment but would like to start with technology that is current. You are a recent college graduate and one of the youngest officers in the department. Right or wrong, the chief sees you a technology-savvy officer. The chief has tasked you to select 6 new technologies to enhance the department’s modernization. You will select 2 that impact the patrol vehicles, 2 that enhance the department’s nonlethal weaponry, and 2 that you consider the most valuable for investigative or operational use. The chief expects you to tell her the logic for you selecting the items you did.
- Address the following in 3–5 pages:
- Describe the 2 technologies that you would add to the patrol vehicle’s capabilities and why you chose them.
- Explain what nonlethal weaponry you would add to the arsenal of the agency’s weapons and why they would be important to the mission function.
- What are 2 components of technology that you think would be the most desirable to have for either investigative or operational activities? Explain in detail, and fully support your arguments.
- Considering all 6 current technologies and equipment you selected, why did you select what you did, and how will it impact your agency’s mission? Explain.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.